Bachelor’s Degree Students

Please Note: If you already have a Bachelor’s degree, you must be accepted into a specialty program in order to receive Federal Student Aid, such as Student Loans. You are not eligible for Pell Grants.

Specialty programs include:
LVN, RN, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Phlebotomy, Cosmetology, EMS, Sonography, Radiology Technician, Fire Service Administration, Respiratory Care, etc.

  • Please contact the financial aid office [LINK:] , if you have any questions to see if your program of study is eligible.
  • If you have a Bachelor’s degree from a non-accredited school, for Federal Student Aid purposes, you are considered to have completed a Bachelor’s degree.
  • If you have a Bachelor’s degree from another country other than the United States of America, this still counts as a Bachelor’s degree.


Eligible and Non-Eligible Programs

Financial Aid will only fund programs that meet the federal definition of eligibility. We offer both certificate and Associate degree programs but not all of them are eligible for federal student aid.

One-year Certificate programs (Federal financial aid eligible)

  • Child Care Provider/Assistant
  • Web Development
  • Database Programming
  • Equine Production & Management
  • Veterinary Assisting 
  • LVN (Nursing)
  • Business Administration Certificate
  • Accounting Clerk
  • Gaming Design & Programming
  • Desktop Web Publishing Certificate
  • Administrative Assistant
  • Cosmetology
  • Office Clerk
  • Paramedic Certificate
  • Fire Science / Fire Fighting
  • Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Information Systems
  • Cosmetology Instructor
  • Networking Systems
  • Phlebotomy


Associate Degree Programs (Federal financial aid eligible)

  • Child Development
  • Information Technology
  • Office Technology
  • Equine Production & Management
  • Occupational Therapy Assistant
  • Physical Therapy Assistant
  • EMS Degree (EMT - Paramedic)
  • Sonography
  • Radiology Technology
  • Nursing (AASN, RN)
  • Business Administration
  • Accounting
  • Cosmetology
  • Network Security
  • Criminal Justice - Corrections (Does not include Police Academy)
  • Criminal Justice Law - Law Enforcement (Does not include Policy Academy)
  • Fire Science Administration
  • Fire Protection & Safety Technology
  • Human Service Provider
  • Respiratory Care
  • Associate of Arts - Teaching
  • General Studies - Associate of Arts
  • General Studies - Associate of Science

NON-Degree (Not eligible for Federal student aid)

  • EMT Basic (Not eligible for Federal or State financial aid)
  • Barber
  • Echocardiography
  • Vascular
  • Welding Technician (High School only)
  • Automotive Technician (High School only)
  • Basic Welding (High School only)
  • Truck Driving Academy (limited institutional financial aid available through Workforce Education, if student is eligible.)
  • Workforce Education classes (limited institutional aid may be available through Workforce Education)

For any grant, including the PELL Grant, work study and student loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You should also be prepared to provide WC with copies of various documents, if requested. For student loans, you must also complete additional forms, a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling. (Federal Student Aid, Student Loans) Some of the required forms are available at our Forms & Documents webpage. Some may be electronically submitted at WC Aid Verification




When you completed the FAFSA application and you did not add WC as one of the schools to receive a copy of FAFSA application, then you need to login to the website and make a correction and ADD WC in the school section. Once you make this correction, we should receive the application within 7-10 days or so. At that time, we will process the application and notify you by your WC student email or the email included on your FAFSA of any further documentation that we may need such as tax return transcripts, w-2 forms, verification worksheets, etc.
Yes. There are several general eligibility requirements financial aid recipients must meet. A student must: be a US citizen or an eligible noncitizen; be registered with selective service; show documented financial need; be enrolled in an eligible program, and working toward a degree or certificate offered at WC; not be in default on a student loan or owe a refund on any educational grant; and not have a conviction for violating any federal or state drug possession or sale law while the student was receiving federal student aid.
A drug-related conviction does not necessarily make you ineligible for aid; call 1-800-433-3243 or go to to find out if you are eligible.
Students who receive federal and/or state funds administered by the WC office of Financial Aid must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress in order to remain eligible. The student's academic record at WC is used to measure satisfactory progress and all periods of enrollment at WC must be counted, including any transferred hours and semesters in which the student did not receive financial aid. Some financial aid programs have additional satisfactory academic progress requirements.
You can call 1-800-433-3243, or you can make those changes over the Internet at once you have a FSA ID. Instructions are available at the website.

The FSA ID  allows students and parents to identify themselves electronically to access FSA Web sites.  An FSA ID is made up of a username and password and can be used to log into FAFSA on the Web. While you are not required to have an FSA ID to complete and submit a FAFSA on the Web application, it is the fastest way to sign your application and have it processed. It is also the only way to access or correct your information online, or to pre-fill a FAFSA on the Web application with information from your previous year's FAFSA.

Check your coyote connect & watch your student email.

Send us your financial documents when we request them that is the easiest and most straightforward way to speed up the process. These documents are necessary for us to do a full evaluation of your financial situation and negotiate the best resolution possible.

All grants and scholarships are electronically credited to your student account. You can also provide written authorization to charge your books and supplies purchased through the campus bookstore to your financial aid account.

Financial aid refunds are now deposited into your Coyote Card or Direct Deposit for any aid remaining that you were eligible for an did not use.

If the student enrolls in a compressed semester (Fall, Spring, Summer I or Summer II) or in a mini-mester that is included as part of the next semester (Winter mini; May mini), the student's final enrollment status for determining grant eligibility that semester is the census date for the semester of the last course taken. If a student drops, withdraws from or adds a class before the census date, the student's enrollment status will be adjusted and the student's grant eligibility recalculated based upon any changes in enrollment status through that census date. Recalculations will include both increases and decreases in enrollment up to the census date of the student's last class.

A full-time student is enrolled in 12 or more hours. A three-quarter time student is enrolled in 9-11 hours. A half-time student is enrolled in 6-8 hours. A less-than-half time student is enrolled in 1-5 hours.

Your awards may be decreased. If you would like to know your award for less than full-time enrollment, use the following percentages to get an approximate award amount: three-quarter time students multiply the award by 75%, half-time students multiply the award by 50% and less-than-half-time students multiply the award by 25%. Not all students that qualify for a Pell Grant at full-time enrollment will qualify for one at less-than-full-time enrollment. Some aid, such as TPEG, SEOG, loans, etc. require a minimum of 6-hours enrollment.

They will be disbursed by the Business Office approximately 10-14 days after the official census day of the semester.


Financial aid will pay for 30 hours of remedial coursework. Remedial hours attempted beyond the 30-hour limit will not be included in course load for the determining enrollment status. You will not receive any financial aid for Foundational Math.

In order to receive financial aid, you must be taking classes that work toward a degree or certificate offered at WC. If a student is enrolled in courses that do not count toward their degree or certificate, they cannot be used to determine enrollment status.

Federal regulations require a portion of the student's financial aid be returned if the student withdraws or stops attending before completing over 60% of the semester. This could result in you owing money to WC and or the federal government. The required calculation is based on the date the student began the withdraw process, the student's last date of attendance at an academically related activity or midpoint of the semester for a student who leaves without notifying WC.

Texas Public Education Grants and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, unless otherwise stated, are for the Fall and Spring semesters. They will not be carried forward to the Summer semester.  If you do not earn your maximum full-time Pell Grant award during the Fall and Spring semesters, your Pell Grant may be carried forward for the summer semester. There may also be Year-Round Pell available for summer. It requires specific requirements so check with the Financial Aid Office prior to enrolling for summer for this or remaining eligibility.  A Summer Loan Request Form is required, if you want a summer loan.

Yes. When your financial aid is posted to your account, any unpaid institutional charges (tuition and fees, books and dorm) will be paid before you receive any cash money.

YES! New applications are available beginning October 1 for the following school year.

In order to obtain financial aid at WC, you will need to complete an Admissions application and have your High School or G.E.D transcript on file at the Registrar's Office. If you have been to any other college or trade school, you must also have current official academic transcripts from those schools on file at the Registrar's Office. If you have attended WC previously, you must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress.

Regular office hours are: 
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Friday

Summer hours are:
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
Closed on Friday


Weatherford College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
225 College Park Drive
Weatherford, Texas 76086