**Students who were not able to attend a New Student Success Seminar before the start of classes for the Fall semester, will have the opportunity to attend a seminar during the course of the semester. Please check with the Office of Student Services after the start of the semester for availability.**
If you have not registered for Fall courses, please come to Student Services for advising and enrollment.
First time college students are required
to attend one of the New Student Advising Seminars listed to the right. New students can register for classes with an advisor, once all admissions documents have been received, however, students need to attend an Advising Seminar prior to the first day of class.
- To sign up for an Advising Seminar, log-in to MyWC above, and then click the "Join" button for the desired date. If you are unable to attend, or would like to change the selected seminar, you will be able to "Drop" and "Join" another. Admissions application must be submitted prior to enrolling in a session. After application is submitted, you will receive an email that contains your username and ID number within two business days. Your Pin will be your date of birth. Please contact student services if you do not receive your email.
- When you attend a group advising session please check-in 15 minutes prior to your schedule seminar at the appropriate campus. If you need assistance in locating your session on campus, please come to the Student Services building, lower level.
- After you attend a session, you will be cleared for Web-Registration.
- During your group advising session, an advisor will go over how to select and register for courses using your MyWC portal. Advising Seminars will also cover degree plans, college resources, and how to be successful at WC. The group advising sessions will also provide an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about your first semester at WC.
- It is strongly recommended you have completed all admissions requirements (Application, Testing, Transcripts) prior to attending a group advising session; however, it is not required.
- All new students who do not attend an Advising Seminar will be placed on a hold.